Sponsored

Half cab

ej Schwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 f-150, 69 Bronco, 68 Mustang
Jeep is apparently going to come out with a pick-up variant in the next year or two, and the Bronco did offer a half-cab option way back when, Would it be a good move to offer the same in 2020? a 4 door with a half-cab could be a very neat concept and very useful for some people, and a 2-door half cab might be just the thing that these odd millennials are looking for, small enough to be in the city, rugged enough to take them hiking or to their beard trim appointment or whatever they do, but the small bed would allow them to haul dirty stuff like their flannel shirts to get cleaned, and with a 4 cylinder turbo like some have rumored to be an option, I think it might sell well in that demographic, isn't the thing with millennials that they hate it when stuff tries to hard, poser so to say, so an honest 4 wheel drive, jeep sized little utility vehicle at a nice price, and a place to put their muddy bike, or wet suit, or all their angst, with good mileage might just be the ticket...like the mustang was to the burgeoning young middle class in the 60s, the Bronco half-cab could be to the youth of today.
Sponsored

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeep is apparently going to come out with a pick-up variant in the next year or two, and the Bronco did offer a half-cab option way back when, Would it be a good move to offer the same in 2020? a 4 door with a half-cab could be a very neat concept and very useful for some people, and a 2-door half cab might be just the thing that these odd millennials are looking for, small enough to be in the city, rugged enough to take them hiking or to their beard trim appointment or whatever they do, but the small bed would allow them to haul dirty stuff like their flannel shirts to get cleaned, and with a 4 cylinder turbo like some have rumored to be an option, I think it might sell well in that demographic, isn't the thing with millennials that they hate it when stuff tries to hard, poser so to say, so an honest 4 wheel drive, jeep sized little utility vehicle at a nice price, and a place to put their muddy bike, or wet suit, or all their angst, with good mileage might just be the ticket...like the mustang was to the burgeoning young middle class in the 60s, the Bronco half-cab could be to the youth of today.
Beard trim appointment LOL! In my opinion I think if Ford is gonna make the Bronco then might as well make it in many variants. If they're truly after a piece of Jeep's sales then they should offer a Bronco alternative for every one of Jeep's models. That's how you ensure you steal the most sales.

I'd love to see a half cab Bronco model btw, especially since Jeep is coming out with its pick up variant. It's like they're attacking into our territory so we have to counter attack.

BroncoRico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
If the Jeep truck is a mid-size truck then it isn't attacking into Ford territory. Ford abandoned that in 2011 with the end of the Ranger.

FL Trucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If the Jeep truck is a mid-size truck then it isn't attacking into Ford territory. Ford abandoned that in 2011 with the end of the Ranger.
But with the Ranger coming back, it'll competing directly with a mid-sized Jeep truck.

BroncoRico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
But with the Ranger coming back, it'll competing directly with a mid-sized Jeep truck.
Well, since the Jeep is projected to hit the market before the new Ranger, Ford will be playing catch up. I am still sore that Ford killed the Ranger and eager for its return.

Sponsored

fourbyfour

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Beard trim appointment LOL! In my opinion I think if Ford is gonna make the Bronco then might as well make it in many variants. If they're truly after a piece of Jeep's sales then they should offer a Bronco alternative for every one of Jeep's models. That's how you ensure you steal the most sales.

I'd love to see a half cab Bronco model btw, especially since Jeep is coming out with its pick up variant. It's like they're attacking into our territory so we have to counter attack.
It also spreads the cost out among multiple models since the bulk of the costs go into the platform and the majority of the parts would be shared anyway. The biggest risk besides Ford screwing it up somehow, would be for it to be too costly to build like how the FJ Cruiser was discontinued for part of that reason.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmmm, interesting idea ej Schwa .... new half cabs .....

Not for me, gotta keep the dog warm in the winter. :)
Sponsored