Sponsored

The 2016 Ford Everest could become the New Ford Bronco in North America

Lex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
I heard about this forum recently and decided to join because I saw an opportunity to share my opinion and some information with my other automotive enthusiasts. Ford is exploring the idea of bring back the Bronco nameplate. I do not know if this is because of all the recent TV Dramas based upon the OJ Simpson Story. OJ did make the Ford Bronco a standout character in his story. I my self scan for what other models are produced by OEM's around the world. I believe some OEM's are too geocentric when it comes to models. I mean to say is that OEM's product different models in different parts of the world. Take the 2016 Ford Everest which is sold in South Africa, Southeast Asia and Australia. After viewing several YouTube videos of this vehicle I thought it would be perfect as the new Ford Bronco in North America. Besides being a very capable and handsome SUV. It is build on the Ford Range architecture. I know from other websites that many in North America would love to see the return of the Ford Ranger to compete against the Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon. I am suggesting that Ford bring both the Ford Ranger and Ford Everest to the next scheduled North America Auto Show and get the general public's opinion if Ford should make available for sale these two models. If the consumers say "Yes" then Ford could build these two vehicles in the same plant because they are built on the same architecture and share major drive components and power trains. The front fascia of the Ford Everest fits right in with the restyled Ford Edge and compliments the Ford Edge. Please take a moment to view the reviews on the 2016 Ford Everest and let me know if you agree with me. The Ford Everest ( New Bronco) and return of the Ford Ranger to North America could be a Win - Win for Ford, IMHO.
Sponsored

saymkt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150 XLT Screw 4x4 5.0L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Completely agree with JAG. The Everest has decent off road abilities from what i've read but it looks like a beefed up soccer mom SUV. Not the utilitarian BOF wrangler fighter that it needs to be. Oh and that top needs to come off if it hasnt been said enough times..

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

^^^^^That thing up there.... Like an Outback on 'roids.
I like the Outback though, will probably get one if the Bronco doesn't pan out, again.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not? ;)
(You had to go there, didn't ya? LOL)

They're made at the SOA plant 1.5 hours from my house. I may actually work at the plant on a project here soon.
The vast majority of my work is at a steel mill here in NW Indiana (formerly Bethlehem Steel, now foreign owned by Arcelor Mittal) that supplies , besides the domestic brands, Subaru, Honda, Nissan and Toyota here in the US.

Not many US owned companies left, so I'm happy with companies that put US workers to work, irregardless of their name.
Considering Ford shut my brothers plant down and sent it to Mexico.....

yeah, brand loyalty is a touchy subject for me :)

As for the Outback.... 30-ish mpg AND AWD , hell yeah! For snowy NW Indiana and the amount of driving I do, fits the bill perfect. And the dog will fit in the back.

After having months of $400 and $500 fuel bills when I had my diesel F250 in 2008 .... I got over my construction worker/pick up truck vanity REAL quick.
Thank God it was paid off at that time.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI, I'm itching to get a new/newer CC 4X4 Super Duty(maybe gas, maybe diesel), but am waiting to see how this Bronco thing turns out.
Considering the mills DESTROY cars around here, the Outback will be a cheap used one.
Sponsored